Open External Links within an iFrame in a New Window

@moderators ~

When I embed a published Obsidian URL within an iFrame in a vault on my desktop, the external links in the published note will not work within the desktop iFrame.

In addition, there is no way to right click on this same embedded external link to open it in a new window.

To test this issue for yourself, place the following iFrame in a note on your desktop ~ and then, when in preview mode, try to open any of the external links on the embedded Index page:

<iframe src="https://publish.obsidian.md/help/Index" style="width:100%; height:750" frameborder="0"></iframe>

In light of this issue, would it be possible to change the default settings for external links in notes to allow them to open in a new (desktop) window when they are located in a published note within an iframe?

If this is not feasible (or even possible), I guess my my workaround will be to provide a clickable link below the iFrame to open the URL within the iFrame in a new window instead.

did you try to hold ctrl key + left click? it should open in a new window

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.