One vault has smaller UI elements than the rest

Steps to reproduce

I noticed when switching between vaults, one of them has smaller UI elements than the others. If I make a complete copy of the vault with smaller UI elements and open the copy, the new vault has larger UI elements. Every other vault always has the larger UI elements.

Expected result

UI size should look the same in all vaults

Actual result

Smaller icons, smaller fonts in the panels.

The vault which always opens with smaller elements (redacting with white boxes):

An exact copy of the folder structure opened as another vault for comparison

Environment

• Operating system: arch linux with kde plasma desktop
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.15.9
	Installer version: v0.15.9
	Operating system: #1 SMP Tue, 20 Sep 2022 11:17:28 +0000 5.15.69-1-lts
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

I actually kind of like the smaller UI elements! I wouldn’t mind applying it to the other vaults but it is not something that is transferring via the .obsidian settings folder…

Are you sure you aren’t just zoomed in or out? Ctrl-0 should reset. When you are upgraded into the 0.16 series, the UI zoom is exposed as a setting under Appearance. Otherwise it is Ctrl=- and Ctrl-= to zoom in and out.

I’m not sure where that zoom setting is stored. But I guess not in the vault. Changing the zoom does not show up as a change in my git repo. Which sort of makes sense. I would want that zoom setting to be unique to each computer.

I’m moving this to Help unless you can demonstrate that this wasn’t just your zoom setting.

Oh woah didn’t realize there was a zoom setting. Thank you. I thought I could only use ctrl+scrollwheel.

However I do not see interface zoom reflected in the appearance settings. Only font size.

And if I watch the .obsidian folder for changes, nothing changes when zooming with Ctrl=- and Ctrl-=

out of curiosity where is this setting stored?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.