Obsidian Sync Bulk restore failing

My folder Attachment has been deleted a few days ago. I just realized it today and was looking for solutions.

Since I paid for Sync, I was very happy finding ‘Bulk Restore’. Unfortunately, it is failing.

I need help. The files are very important. I am already looking for Sync alternative.

I am sorry but attachments files are kept for a week. I don’t think we can help you.

The files were deleted three days ago! Please advise how to proceed.

It’s very important data for me.

Follow the instructions here for sync version:
https://help.obsidian.md/Obsidian+Sync/Version+history

Bear in mind that Obsidian Sync is sync solution not a backup solution.

This is very sad. I wish I knew this earlier because I can’t restore the files which accidentally deleted 3 days ago.

Hi sorry about this. There is a bug with the attachment retention detection code which marked recently deleted files that was uploaded a long time ago to be stale and to be collected.

I’m coming up with a fix for this algorithm right now, but unfortunately that does mean the file itself is likely already gone from our side.

If you haven’t done too much work since the accidental deletion, I think the best course of action at this point is to look for a disk-based data recovery tool (I know Recuva is a good one for Windows). There’s a chance your file hasn’t been overwritten yet and a recovery tool would be able to find it intact.

Again, I’m sorry this happened. From our side we will be patching this issue very soon.

1 Like

Licat has gone through the technical side, I just want to let you know that we’re really sorry for not being able to recover the attachments. We’ll do what we can to make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.

Let us know if you need a refund by DM’ing me. Again I’m really sorry this has happened!

1 Like

Recuva recovery didn’t help :frowning: no files found

Damn, I need a break for now. My files of two years are gone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.