Obsidian Sync - Add line number OR jump to and highlight changed area

Use case or problem

Add line numbers in Sync version history. Sometimes (like just now) I wrote in the wrong file and its large and I don’t remember how much I wrote in the wrong file and so I want to go to version history and then click through the recent versions and see where I started making changes to that line/section. For big files this is hard to “hunt and peck” looking for it. So line number would help me more quickly scroll to the applicable section in the file OR what would be amazing would be as you click through the versions if it jumped to and “highlighted” the area that changed just like how it shows highlighted results in Search / Backlinks.

Proposed solution

Add line numbers in Sync version history OR as you click through the versions if it jumped to and “highlighted” the area that changed just like how it shows highlighted results in Search / Backlinks.

Current workaround (optional)

Scroll through a page manually looking for the section in question. Very painful in big files.

8 Likes

It would be cool if the version history had the option to show a diff of what was changed from the existing file. This would help for even smaller changes that are harder to spot by eye.

1 Like

Yes please. Being able to click in the log UI to see a diff output would be amazing.

Having a way to get more clarity into what the resulting state of a file from a log line is something I’m missing. For when I want to double check that a file sync includes the last thing I typed before closing my laptop and leaving wifi access.