Obsidian Roundup - weekly newsletter for tips, news & resources

My favorite plugin right now is Fantasy Calendar because it makes writing the Roundup so much easier :smiley:

1 Like

Saturday = Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

2021-11-13 WYSIWYG (called “Live Preview”) is HERE!

Beta test a new Scrivener corkboard alternative, “Cardboard.” Manage your recipes in Obsidian with CookLang. 9 themes updated!

*Attention New Users: this is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 2021-11-13 WYSIWYG (called "Live Preview") is HERE!

Obsidian Roundup Collection of Resources: Resources

Subscribe: https://obsidianroundup.org

Read Archives: Blog

Published by: u/Eleanor_Konik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community Thanks Eleanor!)

Comment and tell u/Eleanor_Konik what you enjoy most about the Roundup!

This Issues Question: What do you like about WYSIWYG (called “Live Preview”) and why?

:see_no_evil:

I haven’t actually tried Live Preview myself yet.

1 Like

Live Preview (WYSIWYG) Updates | Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe! 2021-11-20: Live Preview Updates, Fancy Checkboxes & Tips for Devs

Check out how Obsidian is used by software developers, content creators, & TTRPG fans. Plus, a roundup of how people use tags.

*Attention New Users: this is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read: 2021-11-20: Live Preview Updates, Fancy Checkboxes & Tips for Devs

Published by: u/Eleanor_Konik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community Thanks Eleanor!)

This Issues Question : Have you used Live Preview? What do you like best?

I’ve used Live Preview, and the main thing I like about it is the way it renders embeds.

1 Like

Rearrange Outlines & more| Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe! 2021-11-27: Rearrange Outlines & Integrate your Content Discovery Process

A new way to save tweets to Obsidian, more flexible hierarchy options, text to speech, and a new focused writing theme

To Read: 2021-11-27: Rearrange Outlines & Integrate your Content Discovery Process

RSS Feed: visit //obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

This Issues Question: If you could give advice to new Obsidian users what would it be?

“Join the discord and ask questions” would be my advice :rofl: I couldn’t figure out how to use Obsidian before I did that, tbh.

1 Like

Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

The Friday/Saturday Edition ; - ) of Obsidian Roundup!

2021-12-03: (or 12/04) Obsidian October winners & a ton of TTRPG stuff

Great & tools for theme developers, a new plugin for chat formatting, & a new method for diagram support.

*Attention New Users : this is a great way to learn what’s happening in the World of Obsidian!

To Read : 2021-12-03: Obsidian October winners & a ton of TTRPG stuff

Obsidian Roundup Collection of Resources : Resources

Subscribe : https://obsidianroundup.org

Read Archives : Blog

RSS Feed : /obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

Published by : u/Eleanor_Konik (The Obsidian Roundup is so helpful to the community Thanks Eleanor!)

This Issues Question : What about Obsidian are you most thankful for?

I’m thankful people don’t mind when I make silly mistakes with the Roundup dating structure :rofl:

1 Like

Nominate Gems of the Year & more | Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

Nominate Gems of the Year & a new book club

National Novel Writing Month reflections, a bunch of helpful stuff for theme developers, & more tips for students.

To Read: 2021-12-11: Nominate Gems of the Year & a new book club

RSS Feed: <![CDATA[Obsidian Roundup]]>

This Issues Question: So what GEM/s did you nominate and why?

1 Like

Sanctum, Fantasy Calendar, & my achievement of getting published for pro rates thanks to Obsidian!

1 Like

Vote for Gems of the Year | Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

There’s a new sample plugin for the Codemirror 6, which developers can now access the API.

In The Community

• Check out the pinned Meta posts at the forum to see how the Gems of the Year event is going.

To Read : 2021-12-18: Gems of the Year, Vim Mode, & RTL Support

RSS Feed: /obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

This Issues Question: Have you voted? So what GEM/s are you considering and why?

I voted!

1 Like

Live Preview Updates & Documentation | Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

2021-12-25: Live Preview Updates & Documentation

A bunch of popular themes got updated, and some discussions about productivity & workflows.

To Read: 2021-12-25: Live Preview Updates & Documentation

We hope you enjoy Obsidian Roundup!

1 Like

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Recipe Importing, Linking to Aliases, & Semantic Search | Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

2021-01-01: Recipe Importing, Linking to Aliases, & Semantic Search

New daily notes templates, personal knowledge management guides, and new sync alternatives.

To Read: 2021-01-01: Recipe Importing, Linking to Aliases, & Semantic Search

RSS Feed: //obsidianroundup.org/blog/rss/

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you enjoy Obsidian Roundup!

2 Likes

Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Obsidian Roundup! Your Weekly Recap of All Things Obsidian | News & Information - The latest issue is now available in your Inbox, Online or Subscribe!

2021-01-08: New Guides & API Charts

The Gems of the Year voting has ended, and there’s a new YouTube channel for people to contribute videos to a community playlist.

To Read: 2021-01-08: New Guides & API Charts

Question: What is your Obsidian Resolution for this year?

Happy New Year! So, far we are on track with dates and postings! hahaha

Fixing all the dates and stuff is on my todo list :see_no_evil:

1 Like