Shiny new things
- Graph view has been completely revamped.
- New options for filtering are now available. You can now:
- Filter files using same syntax as search. This can be especially useful to exclude certain folders like daily notes with
- Choose to show
- Choose to show attachments such as images, audios, and PDFs.
- Choose to hide links to non-existent notes (only show existing files).
- Choose to hide orphan notes (files that do not have links, and is not linked to).
- New layout options are available to customize the graph to your vault. You can now:
- Choose to show arrows for links.
- Change the size of nodes and the thickness of links.
- Change the centering force, the repelling force, the link force, and the link distance.
- Local graph also has a few new option available. You can now:
- Choose to hide incoming or outgoing links.
- Choose to showing neighbor links. Disabling this option hides links between neighbor notes.
- You can now navigate the graph using the keyboard. Arrow keys to pan,
- to zoom,
Shift to speed up movement.
- All graph options, including local graph depth and zoom level, are now persisted through restarts.
- Dragging to pan now has inertia. Zooming has been reworked to be much smoother.
- Graph colors now support custom CSS
color: rgba() values as well as
- New graph CSS classes are
- Graph simulation is now done in a worker thread. This should make large graphs much more manageable.
- Several optimizations have been implemented to make the graph blazingly fast on vaults of all sizes. Many tricks are commonly used in modern day video games!
- Obsidian now supports
obsidian:// URIs. For the user manual, check out the help doc
Advanced use > Using obsidian URI.
- Remember to use
%20 to encode the space character, and
%2F to encode the forward slash
obsidian://open?vault=myvault will open the vault “myvault”.
obsidian://open?vault=myvault&file=mynote will open the file “mynote” inside the vault “myvault”/
obsidian://open?path=%2Fabsolute%2Fpath%2Fto%2Fmynote will open the file at the absolute path “/absolute/path/to/mynote” assuming a vault exists for the one of the parent folders.
- The two shorthand from v0.8.15 are still available:
- The vault format:
- The vault + file format:
- The triple slash format for absolute paths:
obsidian:///absolute/path/to/mynote or on Windows
obsidian:///C:\path\to\mynote (forward slash also works).
- New CSS classes are added for
#tags in the editor for those interested in styling different tags in different colors. For a hypothetical tag
#mytag, the class will be
.cm-tag-mytag. Unfortunately, this only supports English letters,
_, since those are the limitations of CSS class names.
- New CSS classes are now added to
<body> to indicate the operating system. They are
- Markdown importer can now convert Bear style highlight
- Global search and edit mode
find functionality now copies selected text into the search bar when triggered.
- The vault switcher window now has a language switcher.
- Search should now be much faster if only using
path: operators, because the file content does not need to be loaded.
No longer broken
- On Windows, the vault switcher should now show vault name instead of the full path, which took a lot of unnecessary space.
- Splitting a new pane sometimes caused the new pane to be very thin. That should now be fixed.
- Clicking on
file:/// links should now work properly on Linux. This was broken on a previous release.
- On MacOS, sometimes when double clicking the app titlebar to zoom, the window disappears and can’t be made to reappear even if restarting the app. This will no longer happen.