Shiny new things
- We added an option for deletions to use either 1) System trash, 2) local vault
.trash/ or 3) permanent delete like before. This means an extral layer of safety in case you accidentally delete a note. The default is System trash, but if the system trash is disabled, it will use
.trash/ by default.
- There are now several options for creating files diretly in new panes!
Cmd/Ctrl-click the “New note” button will do it.
- Relatedly, the quick switcher can use
Shift-Enter to create a new note instead of opening the selected match, if you have names that are too similar.
Cmd/Ctrl-Shift-Enter creates and opens in a new pane.
- Clicking on search results and backlinks will now stay in preview mode and not force you to edit mode. It will also scroll and highlight in preview mode.
- We no longer allow choosing an inaccessible folder (like Program Files on Windows, or Applications on MacOS). This should solve a problem some Windows users had with having to run the application as an administrator, and will head off a bunch of other possible problems in the future.
- Regular markdown internal links are now properly indexed for graph view and backlinks. Renaming files also updates those if found.
- “No file is open” page has been revamped with more useful information, as well as a button to close it.
- HTML will now be sanitized. Any unrecognized or unsafe tag attributes will be removed.
- In document search will now cycle around the document after reaching the last occurrence.
No longer broken
- We fixed some weird flicking scroll sync behavior introduced in 0.6.5. Sorry about that.
- Latex and code highlighting now work for embeds.
- Word count now updates when you type.
- The Backlinks pane no longer shows empty when closing a pane (it previously should have shown the other pane’s backlinks but instead showed nothing).
- We Fixed pressing Enter on title rename sometimes causing a newline to be entered into the source editor.
- And we fixed the fact that clicking on some footnotes didn’t do anything. It will now navigate as it should have all along.
- You know the thing where when you rename a file, having another file open with a link to it would not have the link properly updated? That shouldn’t happen anymore.
- Creating a new folder should now let you rename it right away.
Tab in quick switcher and command palette will no longer focus on the note behind.
- Unlinked mentions no longer tries to apply the note name as a RegExp.
- Clicking on previous or next in search will now properly highlight the text.
- Notes that were improperly sorted in the file explorer alphanumerically should now be sorted.
- You can now use
(r) inside math blocks without them becoming the ® symbol.