Released on 2020/05/10.
Shiny new things
- Open multiple files side by side. See how you can now [[work with multiple notes]].
New Markdown editor!
- You can now use
Ctrl+Ito bold and italicize selected text.
- List markers (including task list) are created for you when you press
- You can now fold headings and lists.
- Brackets and Markdown syntax are now auto-paired for you.
- You can now use
- Sort files in [[file explorer]]. You can sort by both file name and last modified time.
- Search within file.
Ctrl+Fto open the search, and use
F3to jump to next match, or
Shift+F3to the previous match.
Escto exit search.
- Improved [[search]] performance for large vaults. Stress tested with 10,000 Markdown files.
Ctrl+Shift+Fto jump straight to [[search]]. Start typing right away!
- New plugin: [[Zettelkasten prefixer]].
- New plugin: [[Daily notes]].
- Better onboarding! You can now create an emty vault if you don’t have one, and import the help docs (yes, this folder) to your vault.
- Obsidian now auto-updates to the newest version on restart.
obsidian.csswill now be live loaded and changes are reflected in real time, hopefully making it faster to make CSS themes!
There are some changes we’ve made to Obsidian. Might take some time to get used to – but we think it’s for the better!
- By default, the 2-pane preview layout is gone. If you want to restore to that view,
Shift+Clickthe preview button on the title bar.
Clickwill turn the current view into preview.
- Note title bar is now much smaller, allow you to see more text (and longer titles)! It’s especially nice when you [[work with multiple notes]].
- We removed back and forward navigation buttons now that you can have multiple files open. You can still use the shortcuts (
Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+Left/Right) to navigate though.
- Plugin list is moved into settings. You don’t need to access it that often anyway.
- Action buttons like [[graph view]] and [[quick switcher]] are moved to the top, leaving only settings at the bottom.
No longer broken
- Fixed Markdown formatting in task list items will break preview.
- Fixed nested task lists not working.
- Fixed cannot delete empty folders.
- Fixed adding duplicate file extensions (e.g.
.pngwhen dropping file into another folder).
- Fixed a single “#” being recognized as a tag.
- Subfolder changes are now watched recursively on Linux.
- Fixed files and folders that start with
.were not ignored, e.g.
- Fixed window size not preserved across sessions.
- Fixed multiple audio recorder icons appear when you repeatedly enable and disable the plugin.
- Removed Electron help menu items.