Shiny new things in gifs
Drag file from search, drop file to create link:
Drag file from backlinks, drop file to create link:
Drag file to pane header to navigate:
Drag file to other apps for obsidian URI:
Drag attachment from system explorer:
Drag file to starred, reorder stars:
Shiny new things
- You can now select multiple files in file explorer using
Alt+Click, or multiple consecutive files using
- You can now reorder starred items.
- You can now drag files from various of places:
- Drag a file (or multiple files) from the file explorer, just like before.
- Drag a file from a search result.
- Drag a file from a backlink, or an unlinked reference.
- Drag a file from the starred pane.
- You can now drop files to various places:
- Drop a file (or multiple files) onto a folder to move it there. You can even do this with files you picked up from anywhere, like a search result. It doesn’t have to be from the file explorer.
- Drop a file to a pane’s top header section to open the file in that pane.
- Drop a file directly into the editor to insert it as a link. The generated link also follows your preferences, such as relative paths, or using markdown links.
- Drop a file in another application or in another Obsidian vault to generate an
obsidian:// link the same way it’s generated as “Copy obsidian url”.
- Drop a file to the starred pane to star it.
- You can now drag a supported file from your system explorer to a folder in Obsidian’s file explorer to import a copy there.
- There is now a dialog with options for page size, landscape mode, and margin options for export to PDF.
- You can now choose the tab size in editor settings.
- Quitting the app and restarting will now restore previously open vaults. This will also work on the “relaunch” button after an update has been downloaded.
- On macOS, Obsidian will no longer quit when all windows are closed.
Tab will now insert spaces if
Use tab to indent is turned off.
- Various visual improvements are added for dragging and dropping panes.
- The app window’s title will now indicate the vault name.
- If you have too many ribbon icons, it can now be scrolled to access them all, instead of clipping out the last few icons.
- If the more options menu is too long, it can now be scrolled to access menu options that was previously off-screen.
No longer broken
- Sometimes after opening multiple popup windows, all hotkeys stop working. That shouldn’t happen anymore.
- With an open note in Obsidian that’s been edited outside or by a plugin, sometimes the last newline character disappears. That should no longer happen.
- Fixed some edge cases where custom CSS causes IME positions to overlap the current line.
- Vault switcher should now have more space for certain languages that take more space than others.
- File names with multiple non-breaking spaces will now link properly.
- The about setting tab no longer populates twice when you click on “Check for updates” twice.
- The community plugins page no longer populates twice when you click on a plugin name twice.
- Creating new files will no longer fail if there exists a file called “untitled.md” in lowercase.
- Global search’s input box will now expand to take the full width.
- Sync will no longer allow restoring the current version.
- The workflow for augmenting CodeMirror has been improved:
Plugin.registerCodeMirror(callback) has been introduced to help plugins hook to CodeMirror instances that are already loaded, and also created in the future. This function is just a helper for
Workspace.iterateCodeMirrors(callback) has been introduced to help plugins cleanup their CodeMirror events when the plugin unloads.
App.on('codemirror', callback) has been moved to
Workspace.on('codemirror', callback). The old method will be deprecated and will now proxy to the new one. There is no more event system on