Obsidian Publish: How do you use it? What is the future?

I purchased Obsidian Publish a year ago and I’m trying to decide if I am going to renew. While I love the idea of publishing my notes, I haven’t figured how I can best use it.

Here are some issues that I have had:

• There are groups of notes that I want to share with one audience (students) that I don’t want to share with others (friends or family). It seems like the work-around would be to create several different vaults and buy more licenses.
  • I often end up with broken links because I’m not sharing the entire vault.
  • I often want to share just one note and not give access to the whole database. To handle this now, I copy the note to Craft and share it.

How are you using Obsidian Publish?
Has anyone heard of potential improvements or changes to it?

• There are groups of notes that I want to share with one audience (students) that I don’t want to share with others (friends or family). It seems like the work-around would be to create several vaults and buy more licenses.

I am not sure there’s a FR for this case. If not feel free to open one.

• I often end up with broken links because I’m not sharing the entire vault.

Not sure what to do about this. Is it unavoidable?

• I often want to share just one note and not give access to the whole database. To handle this now, I copy the note to Craft and share it.

This has been asked other times and in various forms. It is samewhat ortogonal to publish but I do see the appeal.
https://forum.obsidian.md/t/publish-a-single-page-to-secret-url/23131

Agree, what is the future of Obsidian Publish? It does not seem to evolve, which is concerning for a paid feature.

I’d hope Publish is more customizable, works better with plugins such as dataview, etc

PS: I have 2x sites publish

1 Like

we will add a couple of items in the roadmap in the next days (e.g. improve SEO). If you have specific ideas it’s better to search/open one in the FR category.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.