Obsidian opens multiple tabs in chrome

Hello!

I’ve searched around the forums and the internet for a bit and I couldn’t find anyone mentioning this problem so thats why I decided to post this. I’m also very new to Obsidian so it might very well be something I did wrong.

When i post a message with a link, everything works well. I ctrl+left click the text and it opens a link to that page. So far so good.

Example:

Obsidian for Beginners: Start HERE — How to Use the Obsidian App for Notes - YouTube

But if I grab that same link and copy the video at a specific time, I get a different link.

Example:

Obsidian for Beginners: Start HERE — How to Use the Obsidian App for Notes - YouTube

Now if i try to ctrl+left click that one, it will open up the link on my browser. But it will open it up many times (like 10 or more tabs of that same link opened up).

I was wondering what is happening and if I did something wrong.

I can’t reproduce.

After some testing I’ve noticed its not a problem with Obsidian but an issue I’m having with the “Open Link With” community plugin.

I have found a workaround, however, to avoid the multiple tabs opening. Which is to right click the video of youtube, “copy video URL at current time” and paste that into Obsidian. The issue occurs when you paste that into the browser and copy the new link it generates I think.