Obsidian not opening external folder links (Fedora Linux, Sway)

Often, I want to link to external files and folders from a note.
E.g. I can create a link to a PDF like this:

[Invoice template](<file:///home/jeff/monad/shipping/dhl-account/customs-perfect-invoice/Perfect Invoice.pdf>)

This works fine - I click the link, it opens the file in Evince - my default PDF reader. I’ve also tested it with a spreadsheet - it opens correctly in Libreoffice.

I want it to work the same for folders, of course, so I create this:

[Folder of customs docs](<file:///home/jeff/monad/shipping/dhl-account>)

I want it to open my default file browser (Nautilus). This doesn’t work - I click it and nothing happens. If I right click and “Open link in default browser” (presumably they mean “web browser”), nothing happens.

So I do some digging. In Linux, when some process wants to open a file with its default application, it, it is done according to the Cross Desktop Group (XDG) Desktop Entry Specification. It goes like this: first the file’s MIME type is checked (e.g. application/pdf for a PDF document, or application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet for a Libreoffice spreadsheet). Then the MIME type is looked up in a database to see if there’s a default app set for it. Finally, it looks up the command required to launch that app in its .desktop. file.

Using the xdg-mime CLI tool, I can check this process for opening a PDF like so:
Check the MIME type:

$ xdg-mime query filetype "/home/jeff/monad/shipping/dhl-account/customs-perfect-invoice/Perfect Invoice.pdf"
application/pdf

Check the default launcher for that MIME type:

$ xdg-mime query default application/pdf
org.gnome.Evince.desktop

Yep - it’s Evince, as expected.

Now we do it for the folder:

xdg-mime query filetype "/home/jeff/monad/shipping/dhl-account"
inode/directory
$ xdg-mime query default inode/directory
org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop

Yep - it’s Nautilus, as expected.

So it’s not a configuration problem with my system.

Why is Obsidian not launching Nautilus as it should? Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers!

I realised I should have posted this in the Bug Reports forum. I’ll post it there, please ignore / delete this.

I was about to file a bug report, but, amazingly, updating my community plugins (Close Similar Tabs and Image Toolkit) fixed it somehow.