Obsidian continuously offers suggestions as I attempt to write

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to write without being constantly distracted by Obsidian.

Returning to Obsidian from a few days away I encountered something really weird: as I wrote Obsidian continually kept present suggestions, as if I were creating a link and not simply trying to write.

Then this morning the weirdness got weirder. Obsidian started underlining words, phrases, whole blocks of text.

In some cases tapping on the underlined word or phrase opened a new file with the underlined word or phrase formatted as a heading.

With underlined blocks of text tapping on them has no effect. But I see no way to get rid of the underlining.

Things I have tried

I have have not searched for anything related to this weirdness. I don’t know what to search for.

I suspect something somewhere in settings has accidentally gotten set that triggers this behavior. I don’t know where to look or what to look for

(After I post this I’m going to check in “Files and Links.”)

Maybe you have some plugins installed? Have you tried to disable them?

Thanks. I have several. I’ll have to give some thought to which one might be the source. Recent additions the place to start I imagine.

Found the culprit: the Various Complements plug-in.

I believe this plug-in was suggested as a way of getting suggestions when creating a markdown link. At the time I believed this was not done as it is when creating wiki-style links. I have since learned that it is.

Lotsa settings with this plug-in. Gonna have to experiment with em over time to make useful for me.

I think I was subconsciously aware, when this first started happening, that this might be the source of the problem:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.