Steps to reproduce
- Add PDF file linked below to Obsidian vault
- Open Obsidian Android app and open the PDF
- Operating system: Pixel 2 running Android 11
- Obsidian version: 1.0.3
- Obsidian Android app opens other PDFs properly
- Windows version of Obsidian displays the problematic PDF file properly
- Other PDF viewers on Android and Windows display the problematic PDF file properly
- Once Obsidian has crashed via the steps above, it will crash each time the Android app is opened until the file is renamed/moved/deleted from the file system since Obsidian tries to reopen the most recent file on app launch.
Link to PDF file causing the crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j55j7zglsqx4qgf/online-board-games.pdf?dl=0
does it happen when no third party plugins are enabled?
Yes, this was happening without third-party plugins.
The file is just too big and couses obsidian to run out of memory on mobile.
Ah okay. I’m guessing this has to do with the size per page in the pdf then? I have larger pdfs that open just fine, but I don’t think I’ve tried any others that are this large for a single page. If that’s the case, it would be nice if Obsidian could check before loading the page and display an error message rather than crashing. Not sure how easy or difficult that would be to implement though. In the meantime I’ll see about splitting the page into multiple pages. Thanks!
I have the same problem. Obsidian crashes on two different Android devices, with two different versions of Obsidian, when I try to display a page referencing a 95kb .pdf
Then repeatedly crashes every time I reload Obsidian as the page containing the .pdf is displayed as the default page on launch. This renders Obsidian unusable until I re-sync my vault, which clears the default page and displays the ‘no page’ message.