No response on iPhone

Things I have tried

Obsidian loads slowly on my iPhone and then does not respond to touch. Works fine on mac and iPad. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Same problem.

What I’m trying to do

I have the same issue on my iPhone as well. It stops responding in the middle of working. It’s with 1.0.5 version.

same here, using v1.04 on iphone 12. it works for about 10 seconds then locks up. even the pop up notice that it is indexing freezes. force quit and restart doesn’t fix issue, still freezes shortly after opening app.

• which versions of iOS do you use?
  • is sync active?
  • any plug-ins / themes active?

ios 15.1, Obsidian 1.0.5. iCloud sync. i have a few plugins active on my desktop and Minimal theme. i can’t even get a chance to get into settings on mobile because it just locks up.

If you use iCloud sync that might be a problem. I would say you shoul check if the .obsidian folder and it’s content is visible in your files app.

BUT to my horror I realized that dot-prefix folders are not visible on iOS.

I would suggest you backup (copy) your vault-folder on the mac or online and then remove all content from it. Check the files app on iOS that everything is gone on your device and start the Obsidian app on your phone - maybe it will not block the startup when seeing an empty vault.

if you are willing to install the app WorkingCopy, it has a nice feature called synced folder.
Adding your vault folder to a synced folder in working copy makes the .obsidian accessible for you.

(Synced folders may be a payed feature…)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.