No immediate display of Sub-Taks in Graph View when filtering for superordinated tag

Steps to reproduce

1. Create some notes with a specific tag, e.g. #tag1.
  2. Enable graph view filtering only for notes containing the tag mentioned above (#tag1).
  3. Result: all notes tagged thus are displayed correctly.
  4. Create a note with a nested tag (sub-task of tag1), e.g. #tag1/subtag1.
  5. Result: The new created note with the sub-tag is not shown in the graph.
  6. Change the tag of the new created note from the sub-tag (#tag1/subtag1) to the main tag (here #tag1).
  7. Result: The new created note is shown in the graph view now.
  8. Rechange the changed tag of the new created note from main tag (#tag1) to sub-tag (#tag1/subtag1).
  9. Result: Now, even the note with the nested tag (sub-tag) is shown in the graph view.

Expected result

When filtering a superordinated tag all notes with sub-tags of the superordinated tag must be immediately shown in the graph view.

Actual result

When filtering a superordinated tag a note that has a sub-tag of the superordinated tag must first be saved with the subordinated tag itself before setting the definitive sub-tag.

Environment

• Operating system: Win 10
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.3

What you are describing is likely due to when Obisidian decides to update the UI.

This has nothing specific to do with tags or subtags.

If you just write somewhere else in the document, it will update.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this is not the case for me. It is even worse than described above: Even when rechanging the tag to the sub-tag I want to set the note disappears again from the graph. I can’t recall recognizing this problem with the 0.11. Obsidian.

How much time is the UI update supposed to take? Is it possible that this problem will resolve itself when waiting?

if you write somewhere else in the file it will update. Again this has nothing to do with tags and subtags specifically. I opened another bug report.