I created an initial version of another tasks management plugin.
The approach is different from existing plugins.
Check the GitHub repository for details.
As always with these new things: it may do unintended damage to your vault. It is modifying your files (marking tasks as done). Make sure you have a backup.
- Track tasks across your entire vault through
- [ ]checklist items
- Optionally, only track tasks with an identifier like
- [ ] #task
- Supports due dates, recurring tasks, and done dates
- List tasks anywhere with a ```tasks block
- Mark tasks as done (or undone) in the file editor, file preview, or in the rendered ```tasks block.
- Filter tasks in the ```tasks block by due date, done date, status, and more
Track and list tasks in a note
Track tasks in another note
Example of different Tasks queries to list tasks from the vault. You can mark them done in the preview on the right and the original source file will update.
The plugin is in a very early stage, pretty much “minimum viable product”.
I used it myself daily for a few weeks now. And it works. But I am sure there are hidden bugs I will continue using it as my daily driver.
Ideally, please use the GitHub issue tracker to report bugs or ask for features. Though I will obviously check this thread as well
I don’t have much time to maintain the plugin. Any help would be much appreciated. However, since I am a daily user myself, at least the features currently listed in the GitHub issue tracker are likely to come soonish™, as I want them myself.