New plugin: Readwise

Got it. Thank you for confirming!

1 Like

I’m really excited about this - thanks so much for your time in building this out.

I’ve just got a few questions to make sure I’m getting the most out of it.

• The main one is that I’ve developed a custom template within Readwise itself to insert a few headers and stuff throughout the page which is designed to help me write up additional thoughts/notes on the books and not just purely a list of quotes. Am I right in thinking at the moment that it wouldn’t be possible to replicate this within the plugin?

• Is it possible to pull in the meta data that provides an image to the highlight source (the book cover/podcast image etc)?

• I’m guessing that the individual files are supposed to be filtered by tag (i.e podcast, book etc) rather than having them filtered into folders, which is typically how Readwise downloads MD files. Have I got that?

Thanks again for your time on this - much appreciated!

Is there a way to change the destination directory for new highlights?

At present, my highlights are going to the Obsidian main directory, but I have subdirectories for new notes (i.e. /pages) in order to make Obsidian play nice with Logseq.

If not, what’s the best way to combine new highlights with old ones from the same source? (If I cut and paste the new .md file into the subdirectory, the plugin reimports the highlight.)

Thanks!

You can specify the folder where you want your highlights to be created using the Highlights Storage Path setting.

Hi,
Is there a way to apply actions tags on the readwise export to obsidian? (particularly header tags)
Thanks!

Great, thanks.

One more: What’s the best way to create a list of all highlight imports per day?

In Roam, each import adds a note to a [[Readwise]] page, saying “X highlights imported for Book Y on YYYY-MM-DD.” Then those entries appear both on the [[Readwise]] page as an ongoing list and on each Daily Note page in the Backlinks section.

It’s very useful because the [[Readwise]] page can be used as a processing inbox when using new highlights in other work.

Is something like that possible right now?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sounds great! Looking forward to checking it out.
How might the use case differ from the Readwise QuickAdd workflow and the Kindle Highlights plugin? (I could guess about the latter because it doesnt involve Readwise tags etc but especially wondering about the former).

Experiencing some bugginess where the plugin won’t sync new highlights that have made it to the Readwise dashboard. All that happens after clicking initiate sync is a quick confirmation that sync has happened

Same problem here. Please fix this. Readwise hasn’t synced anything for two weeks now and I cant fix it. Tried updating Obsidian and the plugin itself and reinstalling it.

Does anyone have an idea on why this isnt working anymore? It tried it on Remnote and it syncs without any problem so it’s not Readwises fault…

Just FYI - it works perfectly again - thank you :slight_smile: