New Plugin: Journey - Find the story between your notes

@akaalias #2 is my preference.
While #1 might eventually happen upon a good end link, with thousands of notes the odds of finding just 1 is <0.1%.
Meanwhile, I love your work!

1 Like

Hi! it’s me “what the!” (the guy who commented on your YouTube video about using your plug in to generate new answer outlines)
here i am…:blush:
i wanted to reply on YouTube but the comment got Massive so…
feel free to not respond because,
i’m just looking for ways to be lazy & productive at the same time, lol…
this not directly related to your plugin, but seeing your plugin gave me some hope of actualizing my actual need…
A machine learning systems I can dump all my textbooks, articles & papers into, & have it form "intelligent links"
to do that (to form intelligent links), the system should have really good

1. natural language processing,
  2. contextual understanding,
  3. have the ability to link/group relevant information together.
  4. ability to make neo4j graphs out of those links & contexts

&

it should also have the capacity to compare, link & correlate multiple neo4j graphs.
mainly…

1. Resource Graph: (the A.I. would make that using the info in the textbooks, papers and articles)
  2. Questions Graph: (made by the A.I with all the questions that has ever been asked in the exam) → {in particular, it’d link the keywords & contexts from the questions to the corresponding info from the textbooks (graph) & answers (graph) ( maybe some articles as well, this is a bit of an overkill but if I’m dreaming, i might as well go all the way. ) }
  3. Answers Pool Graph (made by the A.I. using all the (i.e. a lot of) answers for the above-mentioned questions,)
    and… tag those answers
    1. with their marks → to classify the answers as good, bad & meh,
    2. based on how they have linked the topics/content,
    3. based on how they have presented the information
    4. based on how faithfully did they represent the source material.
    5. 6. 7. yada, yada, yada…
  4. MY Answer Graph (do the same as above for my answers as well.)
    Using these 4 graphs, the system should constantly generate new & improved “plausible” questions along with old questions. & rate my answers in a multidimensional fashion.
    i.e.
    • how close my answers are to the ideal,
    • how are they similar and different from other answers,
    • what aspects of my answer correlate with the good, bad & meh answers,
    • how accurately have I presents the information in the source material?
    • yada, yada, yada…
    thus leaving me with (kind-of) a fully-formed knowledge graph & links.
    and all I need to do it practice, practice & more practice.
    I’m just looking for ways to eliminate everything that’s getting in the way of deliberate practicing. (that includes learning. Because, for some reason, my stupid brain doesn’t understand learning each topic to the point of writing a paper on it is utterly unnecessary & a colossal waste of time. it (my stupid brain) keeps giving me panic attacks, every time i “think” i finished a topic.)
1 Like

Great Plugin Alexis!. Thank You for sharing.
As a DevOps
I wan to use this Obsidian plugin
So that I can troubleshoot and create a Knowledge base faster.

Looking forward to trying it.

2 Likes

That sounds like a really great idea!
Are you planning on developing that kind of ML/AI yourself?

Unfortunately I have two left hands and 10 thumbs when it comes to programming but when I can be of any other sort of help with this project: Count me in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @ajcborges for sharing your context for the Journey :slight_smile: I’m not a DevOps myself (although my all-time favourite GNU/Linux distro still is Debian Sarge!):

• How do you currently structure your knowledge base?
  • Is the base just for you or other team members?
  • How - if at all - have you found Journey useful to traverse it?

Lemme know, would love to hear :slight_smile:

Alexis

nope, i can’t code to save my life. lol…
so… as of now, i plan of doing this manually, (i.e. really, Really slowly)
i just plan on

1. cleaning up my textbooks,
    • divide the topics,
    • clean up the lines & paragraphs.
    • index the content.
  2. link every single word across all books
    (i.e. find a way to make a plugin / css to do that… or chuck the text file int word an ctrl+h it. )
  3. find some way to omit articles and tens denotes…
  4. clean up the graph.

as far as i know, this is going to be massive work… but… not as massive as learning to code→learning machine learning→becoming familiar in whatever language that facilitates that→and bashing my head to automate this…

Awesome plugin! Keep up the good work!

I have a feature suggestion: Custom Copy Syntax

Something like the Memex Chrome Plugin where you can ‘copy to clipboard’ in multiple, user specified formats.

For example, I would also like to be able to copy out the journey in this format, as well:

- {{{Note_Title}}} -> {{{Note_Title}}} -> {{{Note_Title}}}

This feature would allow anyone to ‘code’ their own export syntax :slight_smile:

• transcluded or not
  • linked or not
  • user headers, or bullets
  • custom title
  • etc

Here’s what it looks like in the Memex Plugin:

Do you think it would be possible to represent the path Journey generates on the graph view? So we could say, pick a line color, and have Journey link the nodes in the path with that color.

4 Likes

Not sure if the icon thing is still ongoing, but I popped over to take a look and noticed that a lot of the 0—0 line-between-node / map designs as well as the spark/star designs were popular.
i wonder if a bunch-of-nodes design (like the one within that egg near the scout badges), sitting inside a nice graphic shape like a star might work? alternatively, another idea might some sort of squiggly snakelike arrow with nodes along it? the horizon/road designs are also different enough from the other current icons that i think they would be another good choice ux wise

(edit: i have scrolled all the way down. oops on me for not reading through, i guess! the bigger dots are just users who picked a bigger px size, right?)

Just published a story on Medium of using Journey to write a poem. Here is a Friend (= free) link:
Obsidian as a Companion on a Poem’s Journey | by Birrell Walsh | Nov, 2021 | Medium.

Very cool plugin idea.
I would be very cool if you could select the 2 notes on the graph view first and see the connections there visually.

Great idea!

Feature request: would it be possible to have multiple connections between two nodes, not just the most direct route. It would be easier to visualise this using something like juggl as long as all the links are found (one might want to limit the degrees of separation) see https://www.philosophy.graphics/

Thank you for creating the plugin Alexis :star_struck::pray:

1 Like