New files created by links are in Relative path, but in settings it was set to Absolute path

The issue

Hi there! I’m developing my personal blog (WIP: Welcome to Qwik) in which I implemented Obsidian Publish. The issue is that when I have set New Links in Settings to Absolute path in vault and then I create new links by typing [[, then the name of new link and finally Ctrl+Enter, then the link created follows the relative path [[New Link]] instead of absolute path ([[path/to/New Link]]).

Steps to reproduce

• Start sandbox vault
  • In settings → Files & Links → New Link Format, set it to Absolute path in vault
  • Create new folder and file in it
  • Type [[
  • Type new name, for example newfile
  • Press Ctrl+Enter
  • New file is created
  • However, the link to the new file is relative, not absolute.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes.

Expected result

Link to the new file would be in absolute path, i.e. [[newfolder/newfile|newfile]]

Actual result

Link to the new file is set in relative or shortest, i.e. [[newfile]]

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.4.16
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Tue Oct 31 20:31:40 UTC 2023 6.5.9-201.fsync.fc38.x86_64
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

I was able to reproduce this on MacOS, but why are you doing Ctrl+Enter instead of Enter? Enter autocompletes the name of the existing file and creates a link with the correct format. Ctrl+Enter lets you link to a new file instead of an existing one that would be autocompleted by Enter (for example, “new” instead of the existing “newfile”). Using it to link to an existing file requires you to type the entire filename.