New editor: can't position cursor at end of line if ends in a link

First of all: thanks for Obsidian, it’s awesome!

Steps to reproduce

1. create a note containing e.g. this:
text text

- [google](https://google.com)

text text
  1. try to position the cursor immediately after the ) at the end of the link… there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it in a single click. Clicking on the white space at the end of the line brings the cursor to the beginning of the line. Clicking on the arrow navigates the link, and clicking between the link text and the arrow places the cursor inside the link but not after it

Expected result

• there should be a way with a single click near the end of the line to be able to keep typing to add text to the line

Actual result

• there doesn’t seem to be a way to do that without multiple finicky clicks

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Big Sur
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.13.26
	Installer version: v0.12.12
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 20.6.0: Mon Aug 30 06:12:20 PDT 2021; root:xnu-7195.141.6~3/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 20.6.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: insider
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Safe mode: off
	Plugins installed: 7
	Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Please, post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.

Here you go! Only happens on external links… maybe it’s the little arrow icon that causes the issue?

Download and reinstall obsidian from here: https://github.com/obsidianmd/obsidian-releases/releases/download/v0.13.24/Obsidian-0.13.24-universal.dmg

does it still happen?

1 Like

Ah interesting. No, this no longer happens. But… the version number in the URL you gave me is 0.13.24 and when I launch it, the title bar says 0.13.26, which is a bit weird, right? Or is it that I’m on some Insider setup such that the “underlying” version matters?

Ah I see, it’s the difference between the “current version” and the “installer version”.

Thanks very much for the fix! This resolves the only major pain-point I have with Obsidian :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.