Need to click a URL twice to open the corresponding page in a browser

Steps to reproduce

1. Click an external http URL in a note. Focus shifts to the system-default browser, but the corresponding page is not opened.
  2. Back in Obsidian, click the URL again. This time, the corresponding page is opened in the browser.

Expected result

The corresponding page should open in the browser on the first click of the URL.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v1.1.15
    Installer version: v1.1.9
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.3.0: Mon Jan 30 20:42:11 PST 2023; root:xnu-8792.81.3~2/RELEASE_X86_64 22.3.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: insider
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Minimal v6.3.0
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 5
    Plugins enabled: 5
    1: Style Settings v1.0.3
    2: Calendar v1.5.10
    3: Minimal Theme Settings v6.2.0
    4: Hider v1.2.4
    5: Copy as HTML v1.0.6

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

What browser? This could very well be a browser bug, not Obsidian.

I tested Firefox, and I see the same behaviour as you. If the app is closed, clicking a link just opens the browser.

I tested Safari, and it works.

I’m using Chrome. And, in fact, I think the problem is in that. I opened a URL from a different application just now, and saw the same behavior. So, it isn’t particular to Obsidian. You can close this bug report.