Need help with few things

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

Hello,

I found this app yesterday and so far it looks amazing! However, i am having a hard time to understand if it will suite my needs, the same so far are - journaling, habit tracker, goal tracker and reading/video watching log. For example can i do something like this - (Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.)

Thank you.

I think to emulate notion, you will definitely need plugins (e.g. for Database Folders, Habit Tracking etc.). It will not work from scratch.

But you should be able to emulate most, if not all features, if you are willing to put a lot of time into customizing your setup.

This post could be interesting for habit tracking.

Also, without trying to sound like an asshole, if you need something like Notion, better use Notion I guess, Obsidian does a lot of things differently. OTOH, if there is a solid reason for you to move away from Notion it should definitely be possible.

Maybe as a start, you can look at what this framework does. It tries to implement the PPV system, that was originally created for Notion. But be warned, I think this is absolute overkill, if you haven’t really put much thought into the way you manage your notes, it’s just meant to show, that someone more or less managed to get a Notion-like experience in Obsidian

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.