Move note by dragging link into a folder

Use case or problem

In a note, I have a list of links whose corresponding notes need to be organized into folders.

Proposed solution

Obsidian could allow a link within a note to be dragged and dropped into a folder within the Explorer pane. The link’s corresponding note would be moved into the folder.

2 Likes

That is clever, simple, and brilliant.

1 Like

@cwhiii Thanks. Originally I had it as a Feature Request so I tried to keep it very simple. It was changed to Plugins ideas. I am guessing this was done because there is already the ability to drag and drop links within notes to drop additional copies of the link. Maybe this would conflict with that. Or maybe it has already been established by the developers that this won’t be the direction they go. Regardless, I would still be very happy to see this as a plugin as well.

In the case it was a plugin, maybe there could be additional toggle settings like remove link from note upon drag and drop into folder. This way if you were using it for my described use case, it would be much easier to keep track of which ones were moved. Or even possibly to let them be in a checkbox list, and have the checkbox checked after the corresponding link has been dragged and dropped into a folder.

Anyways, thanks again for the comment. I appreciate it!

1 Like