- place caret in line which starts by string "- " (dash, space), optionally preceded by indentation
- Cut a line “1” using Ctrl+X
- place cursor to end of another line “2” which also starts by "- " (optionally preceded by indentation)
- press Enter. Now "- " is added to new line, that is OK.
- press Ctrl+V to paste the line “1”. Now line starts by "- - "
- I have to navigate to the line beginning and delete the automatically added "- "
I would prefer automatically added "- " to be removed automatically when pasted content starts by "- " followed by standard text (e.g. alphanumeric character), i.e. pasted text matches markdown list item syntax.
Similar situation occurs when caret is at the end of line and delete is pressed. Fixing it by pressing Enter (immediately or later) leads again to "- - ".
- When curent line starts by string "- " (dash, space), preceded by optional indentation and at the same time caret is followed by "- " and Enter is pressed, then editor should not add another "- " automatically.