Modify color variables in the Minimal theme

What I’m trying to do

I really enjoy @kepano’s Minimal theme. I’d like to change the color used for --text-faint that is a bit too dark for me. I’m not that familiar with color variables, so I’m unsure how to modify this. I’d appreciate some pointers.

Things I have tried

I tried adding the following to my custom.css file, and it didn’t seem to work:

.theme-light.minimal-light-contrast .workspace-fake-target-overlay.is-in-sidebar, .theme-light.minimal-light-contrast .titlebar, .theme-light.minimal-light-contrast .workspace-ribbon.mod-left:not(.is-collapsed), .theme-light.minimal-light-contrast .mod-left-split, .theme-light.minimal-light-contrast.minimal-status-off .status-bar, .theme-light.minimal-light-contrast.is-mobile .workspace-drawer.mod-left, .excalidraw.theme--dark, .theme-dark {
    --text-faint: hsl(var(--base-h),var(--base-s),calc(var(--base-d) + 40%)) !important;
}

I tried with and without the !important declaration (I prefer not to use this override generally, though).

1 Like

I have similar questions, and asked here:

… and no replies.

I do know my way around CSS. I do NOT know how to adapt the CSS within obsidian land once a theme is in use. It doesn’t seem to be so straightforward.

I solved my problem when I realized that “reading mode” and “source mode” apply different styles. “preview mode” yet another one. All my changes were there only in “reading mode”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.