Mismatched emojis

Steps to reproduce

Using the macOS emoji picker, choose the solid black up arrow:

That’s rendered.

Choose the button style up arrow.

The solid black arrow is inserted instead. That’s undesirable.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 1.51.45 PM

Choose the solid black down arrow, the button style arrow is inserted. This is incorrect and undesirable.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 1.54.18 PM

I’m trying to insert up and down solid black arrows to contrast two options. I cannot do so. The wrong emoji is inserted.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Y

Expected result

I expected choosing the solid black up or down arrows would consistently insert them. Instead I found that there is no way to insert the solid black down arrow—it inserts the button style. And the button style up arrow inserts the solid black up arrow instead. I haven’t tested all possibilities beyond these.

Actual result

The wrong emoji was inserted.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.3
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 23.1.0: Mon Oct 9 21:27:27 PDT 2023; root:xnu-10002.41.9~6/RELEASE_X86_64 23.1.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

1 Like

I successfully entered some notes via my iPhone using the :arrow_up: :arrow_down: :arrow_upper_right: :arrow_lower_right: symbols. When I open Obsidian on my mac (macOS Sonoma), they look like this:

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 8.17.46 AM

Clearly that’s not what I entered. I want to see them all consistently so that I can use them to visually indicate status.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.