Misalignment after blockquote in list

Having an issue when including a blockquote in a list—the list item after the blockquote appears offset from its correct indentation in Live Preview, but appears fine in reading mode. The problem appears in the Help vault as well as in my regular vault, although the amount of the offset changes with different themes.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create an unordered list with varying levels of indentation (i.e. a typical outline)
  2. Include a blockquote at the same level of indentation as the preceding item or indented one level further.
  3. Create another list item after the blockquote that is indented one level less than the blockquote.

Expected result

The bullet and text for the list item after the blockquote should align vertically with the bullet and text for the list item preceding the blockquote when both are at the same level of indentation.

Actual result

The bullet and text of the list item following the blockquote appear offset slightly from the list item preceding the blockquote. Additionally, the left-alignment of the text in the list item following the blockquote is off (the first line is a little further left than all subsequent lines). List items after the affected one appear fine. Inserting a blank line after the blockquote also fixes the alignment issue. It’s only a problem when a list item directly follows a blockquote.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS Monterey Version 12.1
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.23
    Installer version: v0.13.23
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.2.0: Sun Nov 28 20:29:10 PST 2021; root:xnu-8019.61.5~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 21.2.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: insider
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Quick screen recording showing how the alignment moves around depending on indentation level, separating from the blockquote item, etc. Note that I did the screen recording on version 0.13.23 but installer version 0.12.19; when copying the debug info I tried updating the installer version but the problem remains.

2 Likes

Here’s a better quality version of the screen recording:

indent

I can’t reproduce this.

I’ve uploaded the test file here if that helps. I’ll try doing a fresh install on a different machine later today and see if the problem appears there.

Thanks. I reproed.

this should be fixed in 0.16.4

separate issue: https://forum.obsidian.md/t/live-preview-blockquote-swallows-up-list-item-below/44723

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.