Minimal Theme

This should be fixed in the latest version of Minimal, thanks!

1 Like

Hey! Loving the quiet power of this theme.

Folder names that are too long are out of alignment with shorter folder names, when there isnā€™t enough space for the full name.

Iā€™ve managed to fix it by disabling width: calc(100% - 16px) on .nav-folder-title, disabling it enforces width: max-content instead

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @kepano I was trying to find if you had a thread for ā€œAdvanced Appearanceā€ plugin. Didnā€™t find it, so posting here. This is about Advanced Appearance plugin.

This may not be an issue, and maybe just not a feature. I change the font size and it works great in Editor mode. But when I go to preview mode, the font size isnā€™t changed. Is there any setting that can help change in preview mode too? Or am I doing something wrong? I have tried using it with Cybertron theme.

i want to change the special setting for headers level 4-6 back to normal. my css doesnā€™t change that for some reason, how can i change it?

Version 4.0 of Minimal Theme is here! This is a major update to the theme, and the accompanying plugin, Minimal Theme Settings. Please update both to access all the new features.

Release notes

This update contains hundreds of small improvements, with the overall aim to continue making Minimal feel more native, more consistent, and more accessible across desktop, tablet and phone.

The first thing you will notice when you upgrade to Minimal 4.0, are the beautiful icons used throughout the interface. Buttons across the app have been updated to follow the latest guidelines from macOS Monterey and iOS15. Thank you to Matthew Meyers and Chetachi Ezikeuzor for all their contributions on custom icons for Obsidian.

The new default status bar offers a more minimal design that takes less space, and looks better across background styles. You can switch to the traditional status bar in the Minimal Settings plugin.

Finally, the Obsidian settings screens and plugin browser are improved to make it easier to manage preferences across devices.

Changelog

• Custom icons ā€” Thanks to @mgmeyers and @Chetachi
  • Minimal status bar
  • Hover states for buttons match new Apple guidelines
  • Settings panel has been completely revamped to have a more native look on tablets and phones
  • Hundreds of consistency tweaks to fonts, buttons, padding, and more.
10 Likes

Sweet update! Minimal has been my only theme for the past year.

Iā€™d love to use it on Obsidian Publish. Is it possible without (or without a lot of) CSS to port my settings from the Minimal Theme Settings?

I havenā€™t tried that out yet. I am guessing that 90% of the code is unnecessary for Obsidian Publish, because itā€™s touching many parts of Obsidian that are not accessible on Publish. Thereā€™s no harm in trying it, but I would probably start fresh if trying to develop a theme for Publish, so that the code stays clean.

@kepano Thank you for making the best theme out there, youā€™re the man! ā€” all your family and friends should be very proud of this amazing accomplishment, Iā€™m not even joking : )

edit: thanks to the collaborators as well, everything is looking great
edit2: now Obsidian give us Wysiwyg! : )

4 Likes

Brush up on CSS it is. Thanks for the great work and your time!

Is there a way to get the editor and preview views to be the same? The editor is MUCH bigger than the preview, currently. Thank you!!

The font sizes are the same so I am guessing you have a conflict somewhere. I would recommend turning off snippets and plugins to figure out where thatā€™s coming from.

Hmm ā€¦ Thereā€™s no setting in the minimal settings plugin that would effect that?

I donā€™t really have any plugins that affect fonts (and I have NO snippets currently).

I discovered the issue - the sizes only donā€™t match on ios ā€¦ on Mac they are fine ā€¦

Hi people, ā€¦ Iā€™m super happy using Kepano minimal theme :slight_smile: thanks for it.

I want to tweak a bit the settings pane, I find the horizontal size is too small. How I can change that?

Adjustments:

1. Explorer, tag pane, highlight active note title
  2. Colored headers + typography

Snippets:
minimal-th_cogscides.css (6.5 KB)
minimal-colors_and_headings-2.css (561 Bytes)

P.S. Iā€™m newbee in css and work on enhancements still in progress

Hi, dear @kepano. Thank you for your hard work.

If it wonā€™t be difficult for you, could you tell me how to change the code to achieve my goal. I lack the knowledge to do it myself.

I like more rounded shapes in the design of the application, so I have modified the roundings at the note sheet somewhat by changing the following in the code:

.workspace-split.mod-root > .workspace-leaf:first-of-type .workspace-leaf-content,
.workspace-split.mod-root > .workspace-leaf:last-of-type .workspace-leaf-content {
    border-radius:15px;
}

However, this change only works for the light theme, but does not apply to the dark theme. I havenā€™t been able to figure out why it works that way.

It seems like you are on the right track! You need to select the parent element (the container that contains the one you have added rounded corners to), and from there you can either add rounded corners to the parent, or set the right background color for it in dark mode.

1 Like

Iā€™m having an issue where the {{title}} smart tag isnā€™t workingā€¦is it possible there is a setting conflicting with this?

Hi kepano,
first of all thanks lots for you excellent work !! i have been using your theme from the beginning and absolutely love it. Last week i got my new M1 Macbook delivered (yay !!) but unfortunately there seems to be a performance issue with the theme.
Using any other theme works flawlessly - however as soon as i switch to minimal, obsidian becomes sluggish (e.g. opening a folder holding 500+ notes take 5 secs, linking to a note (while typing in the name & obsidian looks for the note in the background) stalls the program for some seconds etc.).

Have you heard about this before?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

I am on an M1 MacBook Air and havenā€™t had any issues with my large vault. Are you running any plugins? The only thing I can think of is to try disabling custom icons in Minimal Theme Settings.