Metadata value by another note metadata

Hi I’m in obsidian world from few days. I’m looking to work with relations, Dataview and metadata. And have a few questions:

1. Related metadata
    Image that we have a note A with metadata “A1” e “A2” and a note B.
    It’s possibile define metadata in B like something that:

type: [[A]] → refer to a note
value: [[A]].A1 → refere to a specific note metadata value
value2:[[]].type → refer to an another self metadata value?

1.1) print value
Based on question 1. I want print in the page:

• type as link to note ( o better a relation link)
  • value e value 2 as string
1 Like

It’s possible to get and refer to values from other files using dataview, but in general it’s not possible to define another field using a query.

There are ways around it using other plugins in addition to dataview, like templater, but it do require some coding.

In some cases it wound be better to rather define a common note with common fields, and then refer to that note as a note type definition within each file, if that make sense.

In short, no, it’s not really possible to do what I think you want to do, but then again depending on use case alternatives might exist.

You mention being able to have a common note with common fields, and then refer to that note – I would like to know how to do that.

Could you write me same example please or give me the link to documentation that explain it?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.