Menu option to copy "obsidian:" link to the clipboard

YES! Awesome idea, @Cito :point_up: +1

Are there any optional parameters for the URL?

Suggestions:

• &mode= edit|preview|outline|graph
  • &cursor=integer
  • &selection=integer, integer
3 Likes

Related https://forum.obsidian.md/t/expand-copy-file-path-with-format-options/5737

3 Likes

+1 to this, I’m on v0.8.15 and was expecting to copy obsidian:// url scheme on the file explorer or the editor. or maybe add a keyboard shortcut for this feature.

2 Likes

+1 - I came here to suggest this and was happy to find it already suggested. Also +1 for the keyboard shortcut!

1 Like

I would add to this that having a hotkey for copying the URI would be great.

3 Likes

Is there a keyboard shortcut to copy link to a note (Link: obsidian://vault/xxxx) ? I would like to use it in conjunction with Things 3 app or some other app. , where project plan or reference material is in obsidian and tasks for this is tracked in the Things 3 apps.

1 Like

At the moment for a given note we can find it’s path: “Copy file to path”
It would be nice to have the similar option, but generating full URI for a given note, taking into account encoding special characters.

Sample result:
obsidian://vault/my_vault_name_encoded/copy_file_to_path_encoded

See also:

Yours,
Andy

1 Like

I’m new here, specifically to enter feedback on this so a +1 for me here as well.

+1 for the OP’s suggestion. Would appreciate a menu option to copy the obsidian://-link to the current note into the clipboard. Happy user - Love your app!

As usual, a snippet of code which brings “Copy note URL” action into the command pallete

Tested on Windows 10.

2 Likes

Where do I need to put such functions? And why am I unaware that Obsidian functionality can be extended in such ways? :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanations. I forgot that Obsidian is an Electron app so you can run scripts any time in the console. Is there a way to run such scripts automatically on start? Though of course you’re right with your warning here.

You can search here and there about Volcano but I would advise to wait a little bit. I believe testing API will be rolled out soon.

2 Likes

I’d also love to see this feature added. Looking forward to the implementation down the line.

1 Like

+1 to this. With the addition of block references, it is really getting complicated to reference (for my use, in a mermaid graph) without having this option.

1 Like

It’s probably worth linking to a related forum post: Expand ‘copy file path’ with format options - Feature requests - Obsidian Forum

1 Like

Implemented for current pane in 0.9.7

3 Likes

Not only that, a new search action is now available for such URIs, e.g. obsidian://search?vault=my%20vault&query=MOC

And an alpha version of the plugin API is also available (see the talk about Volcano above).

So this thread can now be moved to the feature archive. :smile: