Managing tags - reducing contextual search output

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I have a large tagging system for notes supporting a book I am writing. For example within a note entitled “2019 Watson, T. J.” I have the following tags > Tags

#computer_security
#computer_security/insurance
#computer_security/threats/phishing
#computer_security/threats/ransomware
#computer_security/threats/malware
#risk_management

When I do a search for tag:#computer_security/insurance the following appears:

V 2019 Watson, T.J.
Tags

#computer_security
#computer_security/threats/phishing
#computer_security/threats/ransomware
#computer_security/threats/malware
#risk_management

#computer_security/insurance is highlighted. The problem is that when you have hundreds of files the search panel becomes cluttered and hard to manage with all these other tags being displayed in teh search result. Is there some way that it just shows:

2019 Watson, T.J.

or even

V 2019 Watson, T. J.

The other issue is that if you also have the tag mentioned later in the notes for the 2019 Watson, T. J. document it displays a large section of contextual text. For example:
Insurance #computer_security/insurance
Malpractice or general liability policies may not cover loss of data due to fraud or computer security breach. Monetary loss may be high, costs of experts, trading downtime, possible ransom payments, reputational damage, client law suits.
“The provider will be able to provide recommendations on steps to take and experts to contact to assist your firm in navigating the complexities of handling a breach.” p 57 [[14.05 Insurance]]

Once again this clutters up the search panel. Perhaps it is just the same problem - too much contextual text around the search results. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this?

If the “Show more context” button above the search box (fourth from the left) is active, deactivate it.

If you want no context, use the “Collapse results” button (third from the left).

I think that’s about the extent of control you have over context by default.

I’m having trouble translating your examples into what I would see in the sidebar. Would it be possible to take a screenshot?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.