Managing 500+ notes - Tips and Suggestions?

With around 900 atomic notes - the Graph view is turning out to become more tedious and less useful.

Any idea on how to make things convenient?
Right now I try to manage by creating sub-vaults. But it is troublesome.

2 Likes

It looks like they’re working on graph view linked to one note (https://trello.com/b/Psqfqp7I/obsidian-roadmap), would that help?

5 Likes

Since Obsidian warns against making vaults within vaults, I was going to look into using something like Devonthink 3 to make cross links between very specialized, narrowly defined relatively small vaults.

But, as I say, I am still exploring Obsidian, and I do not yet understand any advantages or disadvantages of such a pairing these two apps.

Is there a link to that warning on nested vaults? Whats the main concern with them?

It’s in the Help vault in Obsidian in the note Working with multiple vaults.

“Internal Links are not shared across Vaults. If you have one Vault inside another Vault, this can get confusing, so we recommend not doing that.”

ahhh in the links. I see. I am holding on hope that we will get there some day. I’ve been interested in linking between vaults.

I was going to look into using something like Devonthink 3 to make cross links between very specialized, narrowly defined relatively small vaults.

I’m not familiar with using Devonthink. Could you elaborate on how you would use it between vaults? I’m going to go read up on Devonthink as well.

Thank you!

Jeff

Was the global graph view ever really useful?
IMO the links in the notes are where the value really is and the local graph view to see the relations of a note.