Make the resize bar wider

Currently the resize bar for the left and right sidebar is annoyingly narrow, and you’d spend a couple of seconds just to position the cursor correctly just to resize the sidebar ever-so-slightly.

Fix: make the resize bar wider

6 Likes

Ding Ding Ding! :pray:
Thank you very much.

I thought this a million times, but figured it must have been specific to my system, otherwise everyone would be requesting this.

I also recently saw and liked the idea of auto dividing panes by equidistant bars. Will return with link… Set panes to equal height/width

Perhaps with snapping at something like 10%, and the ability to shift the top, bottom, left or right bars up or down with hotkeys, we would never have to drop our thoughts and play the game of find that bar ever again.

I may be a little dramatic with exaggeration, but honestly when on laptop display, to this day, I never got it without being somewhat distracted by the process. In 4K it is a bit easier, I will admit.

Again. Thanks for requesting this.

1 Like

I noticed that the toolbar is not set up properly. When checking out the devtools, it literally states flex-wrap: nowrap, which makes it not wrap and hide! So to make it wrap, you can add this to your stylesheet:

.nav-buttons-container {
  display: flex;
  flex-wrap: wrap;
}

This will make the toolbar wrap like so:

Not sure where your stylesheet is?
Go to you Vault’s folder in your file explorer.
Your Vault\.obsidian\themes\your-theme.css
There you can select your current theme and paste the code snippet at the very bottom. Any text editor is enough.
Folder and/or stylesheet does not exist? You can just create your own folder (it has to be named themes and then create a new file with your stylesheet, with the extension .css and paste the snippet inside it. You will still have the default obsidian theme.

Hope that helps some people.

2 Likes

Just in case you’re still frustrated about this issue and haven’t fixed it yet, insert this code in your .css file:

.nav-buttons-container {
display: flex;
flex-wrap: wrap;
}

I got it from @Maned if you’re wondering!

2 Likes

I’m resurrecting an old post, but it doesn’t seem like there was a very helpful answer to your question. I found that you can widen the resize bars using css. By changing “height” and “width” in the following code, you can widen the bars:

/* vertical resize-handle */
.workspace-split.mod-vertical > * > .workspace-leaf-resize-handle,
.workspace-split.mod-left-split > .workspace-leaf-resize-handle,
.workspace-split.mod-right-split > .workspace-leaf-resize-handle
{
    width: 3px ;
    background-color: var(--dim-aqua);
}

/* horizontal resize-handle */
.workspace-split.mod-horizontal > * > .workspace-leaf-resize-handle
{
    height: 3px ;