MacOS Services menu is missing as of 0.9.0

Steps to reproduce

1. On MacOS, open the “Obsidian” application menu in the menu bar.
  2. Try to select Services (which used to be there)

Expected result

Services menu is present and usable. (This was true in Obsidian 0.8.15)

Actual result

Services menu is missing, as of Obsidian 0.9.0.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS 10.15.6
  • Obsidian version: 0.9.0

Additional information

I use the Services menu for various Obsidian automation tasks, via Automator.

1 Like

I don’t have help to offer, I’m just shocked you had access to the Services menu to begin with! I got the impression from this thread that Obsidian wouldn’t be able to support “Program>Services” in MacOS at all. Maybe my info is out-of-date now.

Hmm, I’m on 0.8.15 and I don’t see the Services menu and have never seen it in Obsidian.

Services Menu

Yes, as suggested by others, this has yet to be implemented. @dsteinbock are you sure it used to be there for you?

Oops, you are right. :man_facepalming:t2: My mistake. I wasn’t using Services in Obsidian. I’d just built a Service to automate installation of Obsidian CSS mixins. I’d used it from a web browser and mis-remembered using from within Obsidian as well.

As a give-back, I will share my automation method on the forum. :pray:t3:

2 Likes

It would be great if Service Menu could be available on Obsidian.
For exemple, I daily use a script with every text software which allow me to insert academic references with Zotero.

I currently have to launch spotlight to overcome this lack.

Thx

1 Like

Just replying to amplify the need for this. Would love to see Services be available.

I read in another thread that including access to Services in Electron apps is difficult. On a unitless scale, how difficult is this? As in is this something I should expect at some point? Or would it require a level of reconfiguring that renders it never likely?