Ideaverse for Obsidian (formerly the LYT Kit) now available!

Thank you for sharing! :grinning:
As a non-Native English speaker, it took me a long time to figure out what you were thinking and how to do… :joy:
And I have to say your theme is very well done

1 Like

@nickmilo Searching my inbox for [email protected] did the trick for me. Thanks so much for the troubleshooting tips!

1 Like

That interview opened my mind as how to go about implementing PKM. So we owe Ted Nelson for his pioneering work, just as Da Vinci didn’t build a helicopter or submarine.

2 Likes

Nick, I appreciate what you are doing. I am pretty new to this. Been using Roam for a few weeks. Considering Obsidian instead. I am a minister and have a question. I very much appreciate your note “making” idea instead of note taking. However, as a minister I write about the Bible. I would like to be able to reference the texts of Scriptures, as well as other important dogmatic books. I realize this is not really what you are advocating, but would it work for my situation? Basically, I would like to make a vault containing the Bible (God’s thoughts), and another containing the systematic theology of a certain theologian, (his thoughts) and then my own vault with my own thoughts. Does this make sense to do? I tried to do this in Roam but it could not handle importing a single chapter. Nick’s thoughts would be very much appreciated.

2 Likes

You totally can and I know @Joschua has posted in the forum somewhere about his experience importing the Bible.

I’d recommend one vault for all of that most likely though. That way, you can link your thoughts directly to specific verses.

2 Likes

Hi @rhdenh,

welcome to Obsidian and the forum! As @nickmilo mentioned, I am using LYT in connection with Scripture and it works extremely well!

I would also recommend one vault for all of that. I am using different folders within the Vault to keep the Bible separate from my notes. Here’s the forum thread on different approaches to organising the Bible. Feel free to read and contribute!

To give a sneak peek, this is what my setup looks like:

I use a bit of custom CSS to pretty things up. Using and referencing the Bible in Obsidian (and in conjunction with LYT) works like a charm!

8 Likes

Hey brother! Is there a place I can go to download this?

1 Like

Yeah just scroll to the top and the download link is near the top of that.

Hi Nick,

Can you explain the behavior of the published LYT Kit?

I opened the site and found this screen

I pressed on files on the left and the valuable space decreased

What is the point in this behavior?

Hi Nick,

Sorry if I will disappoint you but I am not impressed with video on YouTube related to Obsidian and LYT Kit. I hear a lot of general discussions or discussion which I am not interested in. I would like to use Obsidian and your approach in managing knowledge base in more practical way. I am working in IT field and there is a challenge to learn new technologies fast and keep it mind or at least to refresh the memory fast.

Can you create an example of knowledge base which will describe something more technical? For instance something from Windows, Google or any computer technology.
Let say describe what is OneDrive and how it is working and what are the limitations.
Or whatever you want to describe which will be the same nature as I mentioned before.

Thanks

Was the page title an intended sarcasm to the “squeezed” space of reading? :wink:

1 Like

I mush be missing something. When I use the link at the top (https://www.linkingyourthinking.com/lyt-kit), I’m taken to a page titled The LYT Kit Mini Course of Fluid Frameworks with a button to Join the Waitlist. But no download anywhere I can see. Appreciate any help!

The download is in the email that follows

Maybe someone else can do that video, I have zero interest.

6 Likes

Sliding Panes works slightly differently online. So maybe it’s not best for whatever you’re trying to do

Thank you, Nick. I was able to access it with a mobile browser on my phone. Thank you for making this wonderful resource available!

Just a heads up, the website didn’t display correctly on my computer (Windows 10). In both cases, the header/footer are large and nothing below the words “The LYT Kit Mini Course of Fluid Frameworks” shows. You can’t scroll down to them either). I tried in both Chrome and Edge, and on two different computers, so I thought you might want to be aware.

1 Like

Hi @nickmilo - testing your zip now. Obviously a labor of love.
Help me with one thing – your LYT vault shows no plugins installed, no theme installed.
(safe mode is still on)
But I see a verical tab header or whatever it’s called that says “Everygreen Notes”, for example, but isn’t that only possible with the Andy mode plugin installed? Im on 0.10.6

1 Like

I think it includes a custom CSS
It’s right?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a custom CSS @WahWah. It was made before we had plugins available. I would just activate the plugin now because @death.au keeps tweaking it and updating it masterfully.

3 Likes

In the LYT Kit, it talks about MOCs being numbered for Spatial Context, but the MOCs in the kit itself aren’t numbered. Why is that?