Local storage and ai

Hi all . . This is my first post here in the community . . I’ve been looking for a decent note app since Notational Velocity was sundowned and have tried everything from Simplenote, to iA Writer, to Apple Notes (while spurning almost every other option). I discovered Obsidian in December and committed today by becoming a Supporter.

My first question was going to be about whether Publisher allowed for selective publishing from a single-vault. It looks like it does, so I look forward to investigating that soon.

So here’s the next question, the big draw of Obsidian (before I discovered everything it can do), was the local storage.

Pardon the random query, but has anyone had any luck running a locally hosted LLM off their Obsidian database?! For those committed to moving all of their human-centric writing based tasks into Obsidian, might that be a future pathway for those who don’t want to hand all their data to cloud-based platforms?

Yours in glass,
tristam

1 Like

Not sure what do you mean by:

LLM takes a vast amount of storage space for data, e.g 5TB, and require huge computing power, e.g. 2000 CPU.

Rgds,

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.