Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Safe mode: off
	Plugins installed: 1
	Plugins enabled: 1
		1: Advanced Tables

Additional Information

Others verified this within their version as well.

1 Like

It doesn’t render anything, including bold.

We generally don’t support intermingling html and markdown. I don’t know if we are gonna support this. Please, open a feature request.

1 Like

Considering it renders in reading mode, I can’t imagine this being anything other than a bug with live preview. After all, isn’t the point of live preview to be a live preview of reading mode?

It would be one thing if reading mode didn’t render it as expected, but it does, which implies that this is supported syntax.

Please move back to bug reports, or officially remove support for this from reading mode as well.

It renders inconsistently because it is unsupported. It’s unsupported, so WhiteNoise hasn’t accepted it as a bug, in multiple other threads in the past.

You can lend your likes/support/comments to the following existing feature requests here:

1 Like

While Live Preview tries to mimic the reading experience, it is not and will not be 100% the same. There are things things that aren’t implemented yet but will likely be in the future (tables, footnotes) and things that won’t be implemented.

I think it’s possible select html tags like <u> will be added, so open a feature request for that but in general we won’t support mixing markdown in html blocks.

Related FR specific to underline: