[Linux] Obsidian ignores input layout, always uses US English

Steps to reproduce

Open a new note, switch to any non-default input language layout, start typing.

Expected result

Inserted characters correspond to the currently active input language layout.

Actual result

Inserted characters correspond to the US English layout.

Environment

• Operating system: Linux (Fedora 34, KDE spin)
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.15

Additional information

I have tested this with German and Russian layouts. The OS/DE correctly indicates that the input layout has changed, all other programs (browsers, editors, terminals etc) work as expected.

I have tested both the Flatpak and the AppImage versions of Obsidian, with the same outcome.

@koala , @argentum can you repro this?

No, I can’t repro. We had a similar issue before which I couldn’t repro, but there was something Licat fixed.

Me neither. I often switch between German and English and I can’t say I’ve seen this.

I will try to repro this using different DE, and will update the topic with the results.

@argentum @koala which distro/DE are you using?

I’m on Ubuntu 18.04 using i3 and the Obsidian AppImage

I’m on Manjaro Linux with KDE Plasma. I use the AppImage.

Ok, I have repro’d this on KDE once again, and then tested with other WM/DEs: everything worked just fine under XFCE, Wayfire and Sway, using same Obsidian install (Flatpak).

I have rebooted and tested on KDE again, this time it started working. I can’t really say what it was: apparently some temporary glitch. In any case, this seems to be gone now, so please feel free to close the topic.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.