Links to notes that use "<" and ">": Opening the link in Editor mode doesn't work as expected

Steps to reproduce

1. I want to create a text that links to another note whose filename consists of more than one word. For that purpose, I think you need to encompass the filename within “<” and “>” (right?).
    Example: Link to a file called “‘conditional probability’.md”
    [probabilities conditional on other probabilities](<'conditional probability'>)
  2. In Editor Mode, I hold ctrl and click on the link (the part in the non-square brackets).

Expected result

For the example given, I expect this to open (or create) a file called “‘conditional probability’.md”.

Actual result

It opens (or creates) a file called “<‘conditional probability’>”. Clicking on the link in Preview Mode, on the other hand, lead to the expected file.

Environment

• Operating system: Linux Mint 20.1 with Mate Desktop
  • Obsidian version: v0.11.13

Additional information

This link will help explain how to use internal links.

Thanks! So, the (very easy and possibly obvious) solution is to write: [[‘conditional probability’|foo]]?

The method with the “<” and “>” did (somehow) work, so it is implemented in Markdown. But I guess it’s not very commonly used. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.