Linking to specific block

How to link some block in some file to another file without knowing the origin of the block wanted to be linked (without writing the name of the file in the classic way of linking in obsidian) somehow like just know several words from the block wanted to be linked and link to it directly with backlinks below or at it’s side (instead of the weird numbers and letters appear beside it)

This fortunately already exists. If you type [[^^ then start typing, you will get autocomplete suggestions to blocks across entire vault.

Thanks.

1 Like

ohh man thank you very much, may i just ask you another question. when i create that link to any note (Block) the block i linked to or mentioned can i show all other notes linked to it (instead of showing other notes or links in link panel) as it only show other notes linked to this page and doesn’t show me which part of the page is linked to,
I mean like this for example

in this app (Remnote) i can see in the right that the note (laplace) is linked to other note ie (men of mathematics) and I can see the name of the folder and other note it’s linked to

1 Like

@Ayman23 : You are welcome!

My gut feeling is that what you are asking is easily accomplished in Obsidian. However, I don’t know Remnote, so I am not sure I completely understand and don’t want to suggest an exact solution. So to avoid further confusion, I would suggest you experiment with the Page Preview core plugin, Outgoing Links core plugin, and/or Show Backlinks in Note function. The Help Vault can also do wonders in quickly getting acquainted with the easiest ways to accomplish the most common tasks. Good luck!

Thanks.

I believe some folks are working on providing some of this functionality as a plugin:

It isn’t publicly available yet, however.

It’s just like (Roam) where you can refer of link specific block (one tiny piece not just the heading) and be able to see where this block is linked and also the name of other linked blocks to it or file or document
While in (Roam and other apps) when you link to specific block (that linked block’s name is shown in the place you link to and also it’s path) and when you go to that linked block (you can see where it was mentioned or linked in any other place with the name of each file or block you have linked to and also their paths) which isn’t the case in obsidian where you just see the name of the file where the block you link to belong without seeing that actual block and when you go to that linked block you don’t see backlinks beside it (but you see backlinks in the link panel or something like that without knowing which block is linked to which)

1 Like