Linking to other files

Things I have tried

I’ve had zotero installed along with its plugins zotfile and mdnotes but they don’t quite work the way I need and have limitations with access to the library for all and sundry when on a closed network which doesn’t have access to the WWW.

What I’m trying to do

Hey folks,

Any help appreciated so thanks in advance.

I’m running Obsidian and had the intent of running Zotero as an integrated document referencing tool.

This would basically look like words words words with an associated reference to a pdf or other document with the expectation people would follow that link. Click on link and zotero would open whatever it is to a particular page. Zotfile and Mdnotes have been utilised to that end so far. Therefore making it very easy for person x to be able to go to an original source document and go to the exact page (with highlight) in a massive document or in a file no one wants to search a million folders to find.

Issues I’m having are that I’m on a closed network without access to the WWW and the zotero library/session I want to use needs to be accessible by many people at once. A further issue is updating links. eg if I want to add further links to a document I need to redo the whole md file and this all the links I have in Obsidian (for that particular document).

Is zotero the best programme for this or can someone recommend something else that might serve better? Does Obsidian have work arounds for my above issues?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.