Linking notes suddenly became slow today for the windows desktop application

What I’m trying to do

  • Link a note to another note using the [[ syntax

More details

  • It takes about a second for the matching notes to update
  • using ctrl + o, things still come up quickly
  • using the synced vault on my mobile phone, things still come up quickly
  • there are no errors or warnings in the console

Things I have tried

  • disabled and uninstalled all plugins
  • uninstalled and reinstalled obsidian. also deleting the appdata folder

It is now back to the normal speed of the links coming up after just waiting some more time. I am still confused as to why. Maybe indexing was happening in the background or my computer itself was having random issues. Previously I had restarted both the application and my computer multiple times and that didn’t fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.