Linking Inline Meta Data in Dataview?

Things I have tried

I’ve figured out how to make inline meta data references work in dataview by wrapping them in quotes on the page, but it’s a little clunky and not the best reading experience so I’m coming to the forum to see if there’s some method I’ve missed.

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to create links in my dataview tables. So, as an example, I have an inline field called “Affiliation”.

**Affiliation**:: [[CBC]]

In a perfect world, the markdown link referenced there would render in the resulting dataview table, but it does not. So I went about trying to figure out how to make it include the link, and the way I figured out so far was to tweak to:

**Affiliation**:: "[[CBC]]"

This creates a link in the table, but makes for an unideal reading experience overall on the actual page. Is this the only way to achieve links in dataview tables for inline data fields? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

I’m also confused because based on this awesome showcase of how this user is using dataview, her links are rendering in her tables without this workaround.

Hi.

I’m not sure if I understand well the question because **Affiliation**:: [[CBC]] it’s a valid syntax to use an inline field with a link.

Could you add some extra informations? (screenshots, etc.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.