Linked windows opened via "More options" menu cannot be closed with hotkey CMD-W

Things I have tried

I opened a file in a new pane. Then I opened via the “More options” menu a linked file. It doesn’t matter what file: local graph, backlinks, etc.

Then I tried to close this linked file with the shortcut CMD-W (macOS) without success.

To prevent side effects from plugins, I tried it in the Sandbox with the same effect (no effect).

What I’m trying to do

Closing with shortcut CMD-W a linked file opened via the “More Options” menu.

I am new to Obsidian, so I do not know: Is this a bug, or are linked files supposed to work this way? (But I could close the linked window manually. e.g., without the window closing hotkey.)

I am using Obsidian Version 0.15.9 (installer 0.14.15) on macOS 12.5.1.

I can’t reproduce.

Download and reinstall obsidian. Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

I reinstalled Obsidian as you have advised me. And here is a screen recording with my comments. (Note: I always talked about “windows”. What I meant are Obsidian’s panes.)
Screencast-Obsidian.mov.zip (3.6 MB)

Hopefully, this helps.

Thank you. Ok, I understand your problem. It works fine for me. We’ll investigate a bit more.

will be fixed in 0.16

2 Likes

Steps to reproduce

Open any note. Open local graph with Graph View → Open local graph. Use keyboard shortcut for Close Active Pane (default on windows is Ctrl-W)

Expected result

Local graph pane closes.

Actual result

Nothing happens.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.15.9
    Installer version: v0.15.9
    Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: none
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 2
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 4
    Plugins enabled: 4
    1: Mousewheel Image zoom v1.0.13
    2: Periodic Notes v0.0.17
    3: Settings Search v1.2.0
    4: Hider v1.1.1

Additional information

I unlinked the local graph pane and still could not close it with the hotkey.

Oh yeah it appears to be unimplemented. If you bring up the command palette in the local graph, you’ll see that Close active pane command is not available.

But Close all other panes does count the local graph as a pane, and closes it.

Windows 10 and MacOS here, so it doesn’t seem OS specific.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.