Linked mentions in link pane sorted by section

Links can, of course, be made to headings and/or text blocks. However, when looking at incoming links for a particular note, all links are mixed in together; you have to skim over all of them to see what links to the page as a whole and what links to which particular sections.

Proposed solution

It would be great if the links pane would separate incoming links to specific section headers from links to the overall page so you could look down the list and see at a glance what goes to a specific section.

By way of example, a note for a book of the Bible that has headings for each chapter. If you could see “these are the links that point to Galatians, and these are the links that point to Galatians>Chapter 2, and these are the links that point to Galatians>Chapter 3,” etc., that would be much more helpful than just having them all dumped into one long list of incoming links.

Related feature requests

Option to sort backlinks by heading
Sort header links by order in backlinks panel

4 Likes

Good idea!

I have an older request that should absolutely be trimmed down and edited for clarity. But, I do believe it is quite similar to what you are describing here: Option to sort backlinks by heading

Thanks.

Thanks. I did search, but I guess I didn’t find the right search terms. I’d be happy to have these merged, if that’s appropriate.

ETA: I just stumbled across another one, too, via the Bible study thread. Oops.