Line breaks after sub-section are collapsed

Steps to reproduce

Collapse a heading with line breaks after it, such as the following:

Heading with line breaks

Expected result

I expect the white space after the last content under the heading to still show, allowing me to see the break between the topics.

Line breaks still shown

Actual result

All the line breaks are collapsed, leaving no break in content between the collapsed header and the next big topic:

Line breaks not shown

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Obsidian version: v0.8.1

Additional information

Essentially what this breaks down into is that the line breaks are included as part of the heading, when in my mind the last text or image content should be where that level ends.

I think this is a bug, but it may have been designed that way. If that is the case I will move this to a feature request, because the implementation doesn’t make sense to me. I love the app, cheers!

1 Like

I agree this is feature request and not a bug.
I actually like the current behaviour but will move this to the feature request forum.

2 Likes

Thank you! Would you mind sending me the link when you do, so I can give it a +1?

I already did this. I moved this to feature requests.

1 Like

It would be a game-changer specially with files that include multiple headings.

Any updates on this feature request. I’ve attached an example where collapsing all the space makes it look a little out of place. Here Example of Encapsulation needs to have a space because it belongs to the section above.