Keyboard shortcut to move selected rows up and down

Request for keyboard shortcuts that would allow you to easily move rows up and down in the document, just as Ctrl+Shift+UpArrow and Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow behave in a code editor like Sublime Text.

If no text is selected, the shortcut would simply move the line in which the cursor is currently positioned.

If text is selected, all lines which contain selected text would be moved.

This would be super helpful and save a more cumbersome copy-and-paste when re-ordering paragraphs or items in a list.

1 Like

Check Settings-Hotkeys , type “swap” in the filter.

I use Alt + Up/Down.

7 Likes

Same here, Alt + Up/Down .

Note that Ctrl+Shift+UpArrow and Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow didn’t work in Obsidian (at least with setup) as it also selects text from where the cursor is placed and thus messes up lines.

2 Likes

Expanding on the original feature request:

Request for a keyboard shortcut to go up and down lines

with lines in the editor sense (so 1, 2, 3, 4…, no matter how much text is in each line/paragraph)

not lines as in “lines of a paragraph”.

Thanks all, I clearly missed this.

Got it working using Ctrl+Equals (plus) and Ctrl+Hyphen (minus). Any shortcuts involving the arrow keys didn’t seem to work robustly for me because it was confusing the arrows for moving the cursor position, and or selecting text.

1 Like

@moderators So this feature is implemented / can be archived. Only the Swap Lines Bugs need to be fixed for certain specific key combinations.