It is something that completely ruins trying to store information in obsidian

Obsidian completely transforms a note for me and the text begins to convert it into symbols, completely losing the note as you see it on the screen (all the text became a symbol from one moment to another) You will see a fairly frequent error. I don’t know if it happens to you too or if it will be one of these plugins that I have activated: calendar, emoji toolbar, excalidraw, sliding panes, emoji shortcodes. Can the add-ons that I do not have activated also have an influence?

did you computer crash/ did not shutdown properly?

It might be a plugin. Especially if it happens frequently. Can you paste the results of the command “Show debug info”?

Is your note stored in a folder that syncs with the cloud? (iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)

Also, to restore this note, you can try the File Recovery plugin. Go to preferences, “File Recovery” → Snapshots → View.

There, you can search for that file, and find some backups.

I have only 4 activated plugins of the most common, the only one that can be is emoji shortcodes, it is too related. but i have a lot of plugins not activated in obsidian also can the ones that are not activated influence the cause of these errors?

“Show debug info”

Please try to answer the questions if you’d like some help. We’ll try to figure it out.

I don’t think deactivated plugins do anything. But I’m not a developer.

1. It won’t let me send capture but basically I get an error when I insert that command

2. I don’t have it synchronized I have an unlimited shared drive account but I don’t know how to synchronize it completely with obsidian or if it can be done through a shared drive completely separating the storage that I insert there from the one on the hard drive

3. Sometimes it shuts down incorrectly due to the blue screen.

another thing is that since the last update the recovery only shows a date to restore a note

“Show debug info” is a command you run in Obsidian, not in the developer console. Open the command palette (Ctrl-P) and type it there.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what this means. Is it synced with a tool or not? What is this “drive account”. Google Drive? A shared network folder?

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.15.9
Installer version: v0.14.6
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19044
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: off
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: Cybertron
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 13
Plugins enabled: 5
1: Calendar v1.5.10
2: Emoji Toolbar v0.3.1
3: Excalidraw v1.7.8
4: Sliding Panes (Andy’s Mode) v3.3.0
5: Version History Diff v2.0.5

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

researching I realized that this is called null character normally appears when the pc is turned off in an incorrect way

in this link appears the same problem that I have more developed is the same but there is no solution

One thing to do right away. Your installer is out of date. There were major updates that required to download and reinstall. You should download 0.15.9 from the website, and reinstall Obsidian.

But yes, perhaps this data corruption is from crashing the computer. :frowning:

It’s sad if File Recovery doesn’t have any snapshots to restore to. But File Recovery is not meant to be a full backup. I highly recommend starting to keep good regular backups of your data. I’m sorry if you can’t end up restoring the data.

I can restore a part and complete it in a day but seeing the seriousness of what could happen if I don’t create a copy that automatically synchronizes. What free way is there to achieve obsidian backup and also have it sync automatically?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Git is a popular version control software. It’s what I use to keep versions.

And there is a Git Obsidian plugin that can help automate versions, and optionally uploading to Github. (I don’t use that plugin, personally.)

There may be other options, but that is what I use that is free. Otherwise, I have paid tools that back up my computer.

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.