Issues with PDF Export in Obsidian v1.5.12 on OS X 14.4 for Processing in GPT 4 Plus

Good day,

I would like to discuss a problem concerning the PDF export in Obsidian. When exporting notes as PDFs – both with and without images – from Obsidian version 1.5.12 on OS X Sonoma, I find that the PDFs cannot be read by Chat GPT 4 Plus. Manually copying from the exported PDFs only yields cryptic characters when pasted into a standard text application. Normally, PDF printing under OS X works flawlessly and is a standard process that is available system-wide and functions correctly. Therefore, the issue seems to be specific to Obsidian and not related to plugins, as it concerns a standard feature.

This error significantly disrupts my workflow, as I cannot quickly print my work as a PDF and upload it to GPT 4 Plus. I assume that this problem is solvable and hope for a correction in the next software update.

Has anyone had similar experiences or a proposed solution to this problem?

Moved to the help section

The error described is not a user error, therefore it is a bug and not a topic for the help forum, but rather for the bug forum.

It might become clearer if I illustrate the process graphically once again

Dear Community,

I would like to apologize as I have found the error on my own. The issue did not occur in the Sandbox Vault. I disabled all plugins, yet the error was still present. Subsequently, I reverted Obsidian’s appearance to the default settings.

It turns out the problem was a specific interaction between the Things Theme and the Plaque plugin in Style Settings.

I have removed both, which is quite frustrating. It appears that customizing Obsidian might not be the best approach when one has significant work to complete.

Best, Dorian

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.